Who is Business Coaching For?
Business coaching is for companies or organizations that want to invest in the growth and development of their people. They see business coaching as a strategic initiative to improve the corporate culture and be more successful. To steal the phrase of the popular business writer Jim Collins, business coaching is about going from Good to Great!
That said, business coaching is often sought to remedy a specific pain within the organization such as high worker turnover, decreased morale, employee burnout, poor communication, or decreased sales. All of these issues can be addressed with a well designed coaching program.
Depending on the needs and goals of the company, business coaching programs can be created to directly impact top-level executives, middle managers, and even front-line staff.
Business Coaching for Senior Executives
Business coaching for senior executives is commonly referred to as executive coaching or leadership coaching. During the 1970s and 80s, when business coaching was in its infancy, the first individuals to receive coaching were senior executives. This is often still the case. Companies invest in coaching for their executives because they are often the highest paid individuals in the company and the ones responsible for creating change within the organization.
Senior executives set the tone for your business. Are your highest paid individuals ready to create change.
Business Coaching for Middle Managers
Business coaching for middle managers is commonly referred to as leadership coaching because the intention of the coaching may be to improve the supervisor’s ability to lead or to prepare him/her for an upcoming ascent to a more senior role.
Business coaching for middle managers may also be part of a more comprehensive team coaching initiative, which gained popularity in the mid-2000s.
Managers are often the glue that holds a company together. Do your managers lead effectively or could they use some tips for success.
Business Coaching for Front-Line Staff
Business coaching for front-line staff is sometimes referred to as performance coaching, or as team coaching if delivered as part of a group initiative.
Could your front-line staff optimize efficiency and improve performance.
- Small Business Coaching: Small business coaching is a professional relationship where we partner with clients to help them grow and run an efficient business.
- Executive Coaching: Executive coaching is a professional relationship between a trained coach and a client, with the goal of enhancing the client’s leadership or management performance and development.
- Team Coaching: In Coaching, the client is a real team, including the team leader and each one of that individual’s direct reports. We work together for common goals against which the whole team’s performance will be evaluated.
- Leadership Development: With Leadership Development, we help expand the capacity of individuals to perform in leadership roles within your organization.
- 1:1 Strategy Planning: With 1:1 Strategic Planning we work with the entrepreneur to define a company’s strategy, or direction, and make decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy. It is here that priorities are set.
- Team Strategy Collaboration: Often multiple members of the Executive Leadership Team will be involved in the generation of the organization’s Strategy. These group sessions can sometimes be equally as valuable as 1:1 Strategy Planning.
- Meeting Facilitation: Occasionally, you just need a third party to ask the questions that are not being considered by the internal leadership team. We excel at providing the processes and methodology for conducting productive conversations.